I love kids birthday party good as evident on my blog. This treat is an adult take on chocolate crackles and in my opinion tastes a lot better. I came up with the idea with my awesome colleague Betty P and she did the test run and trialled a recipe and they turned out AMAZING!
Nestle have caramel choc bits which is the key ingredient on making this tasty crunch salty treat. Caramel bits (caramel choc chips) can be found at any major Australian supermarket. http://www.bakers-corner.com.au/baking-products/nestle-baking-caramel-bits/
- 3 cups rice bubbles
- 1 bag of caramel bits
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1/4 cup of shredded coconut
- melt caramel bits (microwave or double boil method)
- stir in sea salt and coconut
- combine with rice bubbles and make sure that the rice bubbles are coated
- spoon into cupcake papers
- place in fridge for a few hours – until set
- extra step : drizzle in white chocolate once set for that sexy finish 🙂
Kids birthday parties may never be the same again.