I do post a lot of brownie recipes on this blog. Why?….. because I love them so much! They are so easy to make and people love them.
This ‘blondie’ (white chocolate brownie) is a particular favourite of mine because it combines peanut butter and white chocolate.
I always wondered why blondies are called blondies, when they aren’t exactly “blonde” coloured… but when you think about it, not many blondes are really blonde are they 😉
Recipe and baking by me. Photos and styling by the Little Laneway.
Here is the recipe:
Crunchy peanut butter and white chocolate blondies
(Makes 12 brownies)
- 125gm butter melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter (or whatever you have in the pantry)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain flour
- 100gm cooking white chocolate (chopped into chunks)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (160 degrees fan forced)
- Grease and line a 20cm x 20cm square cake tin with baking paper
- Whisk melted butter, peanut butter, egg, brown sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Stir in sifted plain flour to combine.
- Stir in white chocolate chunks.
- Pour mixture into cake tin. Smooth the top. I like to bang the tin on the cooking bench a couple of times to remove any air bubbles in the mixture.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes until the top of the brownies are glossy and it passes the skewer test.
- Cool completely in cake tin.
- Slice and eat.