Balls are awesome.
Now that we’ve got that statement out of the way, when you think of ball shaped treats at Christmas, you think of rum balls. Almost everyone who has a rum ball recipe swears that their recipe is the best. Most times they are right, as long as you got the rum and the cocoa and the shape right you can’t go wrong!
This is a nice alternative to the rum balls. These snowball looking treats are the taste combination of white chocolate, coconut, dried cranberries and pistachio. So if you are looking for something different give these a go!
- 250g packet of Arnott’s butternut snap biscuits (or Marie biscuits, or any digestives)
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 100g block white chocolate shaved
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- extra desiccated coconut to coat the snowballs
- Place biscuits in food processor and process until they resemble fine crumbs. Transfer to bowl.
- Add coconut, dried cranberries, shaved white chocolate, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon and condensed milk and combine. (feel free to use your hands to make sure they are combined)
- Using a measuring tablespoon, scoop out and roll into individual balls. (size of a bubblegum ball if you’re old enough to remember what they were) and place on a lined tray or plate. Place in freezer for an hour to firm up.
- Take out of freezer and roll each ball into the extra coconut to coat and wa-la they turn into SNOWBALLS.
- Return to fridge and take out 30 minutes before serving.